Popular Wedding Songs
Music is an integral component of any wedding, and many popular wedding songs are out there. From before the bride walks down the aisle until the very last dance, music is a beautiful way to let your guests know what’s happening, set the tone, and showcase your relationship.
To ensure that each element of your ceremony has its own distinct feel while still reflecting your overall theme, you may wish to change the music as you progress through the ceremony. This will emphasise the thematic aspect of each musical setting and signal your guests to the fact that something new is occurring.
We have some suggestions and ideas to help plan the music for your wedding. We hope you enjoy this article, and that you find our list of popular wedding songs helpful.
Music for getting ready for the wedding ceremony
The last thing you’ll want in the moments leading up to your wedding is a quiet room to get ready in. To calm those pre-wedding nerves, keep the mood light with a chill yet fun soundtrack. Take a look at some of our suggestions, we would love to hear what your favourites would be!
Popular Wedding Songs for pre-wedding vibes
- Get Me to The Church on Time – Frank Sinatra
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You) – Marvin Gaye
- I Say a Little Prayer – Aretha Franklin
- Single Ladies – Beyoncé
- Electric Feel – MGMT
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Pretty Woman – Roy Orbison
- A Moment Like This – Leona Lewis
- Spice Up Your Life – Spice Girls
- Raise Your Glass – P!nk
- You’re The One That I Want – Grease
Wedding Ceremony Music.
Prelude music is light, ambient music that sets the tone for the ceremony while guests are being seated and waiting for it to begin.
Before you make your grand entrance, your prelude songs will help set the tone and complement the theme of your ceremony! Here are some popular wedding songs for the prelude that may inspire you.
● Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
● Moonlight Sonata – Beethoven
● Come Away with Me – Norah Jones
● Lucky – Jason Mraz featuring Colbie Caillat
● Better Together – Jack Johnson
● Claire de Lune – Claude Debussy
● How Sweet It Is – James Taylor
● Yellow – Coldplay
● Falling like the Stars – James Arthur
● Ho Hey – The Lumineers
The processional follows the entrance of the wedding party including the family, attendants, and bride. The same song can be used for both, but we prefer the idea of switching to a different song when the bride arrives to add drama and highlight the big entrance. The popular wedding song selection we have chosen to highlight includes classic, traditional, and some more modern song inspirations.
● Can’t help falling in love – Elvis Presley
● Perfect – Ed Sheeran
● Air on the G String – Johann Sebastian Bach
● Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole
● Canon in D – Pachelbel
● Tale As Old as Time (Instrumental) – Beauty and the Beast
● Time after Time – Eva Cassidy
● She – Charles Aznavour
● Beneath Your Beautiful – Labrinth & Emeli Sandé
● ‘Flower Duet’, from Lakmé – Léo Delibes
● Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
● Signed Sealed, Delivered, I’m Yours – Stevie Wonder (Just been named the 7th greatest singer of all time)
● Let’s talk about Love – Celine Dion
Music for the Wedding Recessional
Recessional songs are the songs that play when the bride and groom walk back down the aisle as a married couple following the exchange of vows. They should be exhilarating, and triumphant, and, most importantly, should make guests eager to join the reception.
● Beautiful Day – U2
● A Sky Full of Stars – Coldplay
● Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
● Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
● Hey Ya – OutKast
● I Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
● Happy – Pharrell Williams
● I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons
● Crazy in Love – Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z
● (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
● All You Need Is Love – The Beatles
● You’re My Best Friend – Queen
Wedding Drinks Reception Music
The music at a drinks reception is typically background or ambient music, as opposed to music that will encourage dancing, but ultimately that is your personal choice and depends on what vibe you want at your wedding, here are some popular wedding song choices that may be a good option for your wedding reception.
● I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
● Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
● My Girl – The Temptations
● Love, Love, Love – Donny Hathaway
● You Make Me Feel So Young – Frank Sinatra
● At Last – Beyonce/Etta James
● The Way You Look Tonight – Michael Buble
● Here, There And Everywhere – The Beatles
● I Get A Kick Out Of You – Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
● Sparks – Coldplay
● Daylight – Taylor Swift
● Baby I’m Yours – The Arctic Monkeys
● Holy – Justin Bieber
Wedding Breakfast Music
Even if it’s only playing in the background, music will create a pleasant ambiance and vibe in the room. Even if you don’t notice it, the intention is to subtly help everyone relax during dinner and begin to set the mood for dancing later.
Many couples choose instrumental music during dinner service so that guests can converse without competing with the music. Consider adding more upbeat songs to your playlist as dinner service winds down to encourage guests to hit the dance floor.
Popular Wedding Songs for the Wedding Breakfast
● Mr. Bojangles – Jr. Sammy Davis
● (Sittin’ On) the Dock of the Bay – Otis Redding
● Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy – The Tams
● California Dreamin’ – The Mamas & The Papas
● Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
● Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow – Amy Winehouse
● I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
● Orinoco Flow – Enya
● Cannonball – Damien Rice
● She’s Always A Woman – Billy Joel
● My Guy – Mary Wells
● Ode to Joy” from Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125: Choral) – Beethoven
Popular Wedding Songs for the first dance
Your first dance is among the most memorable moments of your wedding. This is your opportunity to share an intimate moment with your partner before the partying resumes. But what song should you choose for your wedding’s first dance? With so many songs available, we understand that the options can sometimes appear overwhelming. Whether you are searching for a song that is more of a love letter to each other or a fun song to dance to, there are so many wonderful options available.
Your first dance song may be formal, convivial, slow and romantic, or uplifting and fun. You could have a personal first dance or invite your guests to join you. There could even be multiple first dance songs. Some couples have a mash-up, beginning with a ballad and then switching to an upbeat song. There are actually no rules. Here are some fabulous and popular wedding song suggestions to help you choose the right song for your first dance.
● Always and Forever – Heatwave
● We’ve Only Just Begun – The Carpenters
● Unchained Melody – The Righteous Brothers
● When a Man Loves a Woman – Percy Sledge
● The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
● Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
● Delicate – Taylor Swift
● Amazed – Lonestar
● All of Me – John Legend
● Everything I Do I Do It for You – Bryan Adams
● God Only Knows – The Beach Boys
● Your Song – Elton John
● With You I’m Born Again – Billy Preston and Syreeta Wright
Wedding Evening Reception Music
When it comes to the reception’s musical environment, “a bit of everything” from the ’50s to the present day is generally desired so that guests of all ages can dance and have a good time. Musicians who specialise in weddings usually have a large repertoire and can tailor their set to the tastes of the guests. Keep in mind the age range and musical preferences of your guests, as well as whether or not they plan to dance.
When you have all your closest friends and family members in one place, celebrating your union, there is no greater joy than hearing them all singing and dancing to your favourite songs. Keep the party going with various crowd-pleasing tunes, from sing-along ballads to air guitar-worthy rock hits, some golden oldies, and some romantic slow melodies. Take a look at our list of popular wedding songs for a wedding reception and see if they inspire you!
Popular Wedding Songs for the Reception
● Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) – Beyoncé
● Summer of ’69 – Bryan Adams
● Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
● Dancing in The Moonlight – Toploader
● Valerie – Amy Winehouse
● Walking On Sunshine – Katrina & The Waves
● Come on Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
● Gimme All Your Lovin – ZZ Top
● I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
● Mr. Brightside – The Killers
● Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go – Wham!
● I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’ – Scissor Sisters
● The Best – Tina Turner
● We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off – Jermaine Stewart
● Is This The Way To Amarillo – Tony Christie
● Man! I Feel Like a Woman! – Shania Twain
● Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera
● Sexy and I Know It – LMFAO
● Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
● Footloose – Kenny Loggins
● Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
● Reach – S Club 7
● Y.M.C.A – Village People
● Mamma Mia – ABBA
● CAN’T STOP THE FEELING! – Justin Timberlake
● Could It Be Magic – Take That
● Three Little Birds – Bob Marley & The Wailers
● Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
● Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
● Bruno Mars – Marry You
Wedding Entertainment Hire
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. A wonderful day of treasured memories, you want to remember fondly for years to come. Enhance your special day by booking the perfect live wedding entertainment from Quinn Artistes entertainment agency. We have years of expertise in supplying professional entertainment and want to make choosing the perfect wedding entertainment, a smooth and enjoyable experience. We have hundreds of singers, musicians and bands to choose from, that will not only suit your budget but will make your big day unique and extra special.
For something a little different and for that wow moment, Surprise Singing Waiters and Waitresses are exciting and popular choices. Whether you choose to astound guests at your own wedding or want to gift the ultimate surprise to loved ones, this unique experience will delight guests and partygoers and be remembered for years to come. If you are looking for more traditional entertainment for a wedding, we supply a huge range of stunning musical entertainers.
Hire a live function or party cover band, to get the party started, or for a chilled-out vibe as the photos are being taken. We can help you find the perfect band to play just the right kind of music that will make your reception rock! If you’d prefer a more intimate feel to your wedding day, then browse our range of stunning solo and duo acts. From classical, acoustic and jazz musicians to solo singers and singing duos and trios. The perfect accompaniment for the ceremony, wedding breakfast or reception.
If you have a particular theme for your wedding take a look at our wonderful vintage themed performers or choose music from a preferred decade. With singers and bands available specialising in classic songs from the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 00’s, you can choose the entertainment that you have always dreamed of. If you’ve always longed to have your favourite pop star or band performing at your wedding, then booking a tribute act or tribute band as your entertainment is the next best thing!
Our tribute performers are some of the best in the UK. Browse our many solo tribute acts such as Adele, Michael Buble or Ed Sheeran to serenade you as you walk down the aisle. Or perhaps you’d prefer a fabulous tribute band such as Abba, The Beatles or a Bruno Mars Tribute Band, to fill the dance floor at your evening reception. From vintage to modern, tribute acts to musicians, solo singers to wedding bands, we have performers ideal for every aspect of your special day. Planning a wedding can be stressful, but with our advice and guidance, booking your entertainment from our spectacular roster of viewed and approved performers will be almost as memorable as the day itself!