*What made you decide to become a vocalist?
I have been singing since an early age and cabaret work was the next natural transition in my career.
* Do you come from a musical family?
Not at all.. we don’t know where I get it from!
* How long have you been performing your act?
Solo cabaret has been up and running since 2010
* What work is involved in putting the show together?
My shows are constantly changing. I like to add a new song in at least once a month to keep it fresh for me and to stop repeat viewings. I also change my costumes regularly.
* Which of your shows to date has been your favourite and why?
I enjoy performing to an older audience, I find that adult only holiday parks or hotels and the most receptive audiences. They are a pleasure to sing for.
* What is the most enjoyable thing about being a vocalist?
Making people sing along/dance to my set. This shows me that they are enjoying the numbers I’m performing.
* What is your fondest musical memory?
Seeing a proper west end show for the first time. Blood Brothers.
* What is your favourite song to perform?
Something 60’s..Brown Eyed Girl or anything Motown.
* Are you a fan of the acts you cover?
Yes. I couldn’t sing songs I don’t enjoy, not all the time. The minute I stop enjoying a song, it’s canned!!
* What do you do to prepare for a vocal performance?
Vocal warm up and sing through anything that might be new of that I haven’t done for a while.
* Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I have a list for EVERYTHING.. organised to an OCD level!!!
* What advice would you give to beginners in this industry?
Slow down.. It doesn’t happen overnight! Put your time in and the work will come.
* Have you performed with or for any celebrities?
Bucks Fizz for 6 yrs and with this came many many old 80’s and Eurovision acts