OUTSTANDING BOY GEORGE TRIBUTE ARTISTE – London based
This outstanding impersonator performs his Boy George Tribute show all over the world. A unique Boy George tribute artiste that goes from strength to strength and is the only singer that comes anywhere near sounding exactly like Boy George. He performs all the Culture Club classics as well as George’s solo hits and wherever he performs the audience love him. This Boy George tribute artiste and showman incorporates live vocals with numerous character and costume changes.
Successful tours to Australia, South Africa, Ireland, Italy, Germany and extensively throughout the UK, in venues ranging from nightclubs to indoor and outdoor arenas and was awarded Entertainer of the year for 2001 by J.P.C This uncanny boy George tribute artiste has had all his costumes designed by Martin Taylor who also designs For Paul O’Grady (Lily Savage), Ali G and Gayle Tuesday.
Interesting facts about Boy George
- George Alan O’Dowd, better known as Boy George was born 14 June 1961 in Bexley, Kent) is a popular singer-songwriter and Club DJ. He grew up in a large, working-class Irish family.
- Boy George was a part of the British new romantic movement which emerged in the late 1970s and was popularised in the early 1980s. He and Marilyn (born Peter Robinson) were regulars at ‘The Blitz’ a very popular nightclub in London. It was run by Steve Strange of the musical group Visage. The Blitz was a starting place for many early 1980s pop stars such as Spandau Ballet. The new romantics based their image on the coolness of David Bowie and high fashion. They liked the music of Bowie, Kraftwerk, Marc Bolan and post punk New Wave.
- Boy George gained fame with his group Culture Club during the 1980s. His music is often called blue-eyed soul. He was heavily influenced by Rhythm and Blues and reggae. Early recordings with Culture Club showed that O’Dowd’s vocals had an emotional quality which was like American soul music of the 1960s and 1970s. His later solo work has also touched on glam rock influences and was particularly influenced by David Bowie and Iggy Pop.
- Church of the poison mind
- Do you really want to hurt me.
- It’s a miracle.
- I’ll tumble for you.
- War song.
- Everything i own.
- Miss me blind
- I just wanna be loved.
- Karma chameleon
To book this wonderful Boy George tribute artistes – just click on this link.